Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October Rules


OK, here we go!  Although I’m sure I’m not the only one who has this tradition, I’ll get started by explaining where mine came from.  Being born on Friday October 13th and having a close cousin who was born on Halloween the next year – really helped set the theme of our future birthday parties.  From around 11 years old on our respective birthdays, we would have sleepovers peppered with as many horror movies as we could squeeze in.   This went on until about the time I went away to Prep School.  While away I moved on to watching on the weekends throughout the month of October.  Admittedly – this didn’t allow for a lot.  I continued this tradition through college and a few years afterwards.  Sometime afterwards I decided that if I’m going to do it I might as well do it right!  I felt that 31 in 31 days would be a lot more suitable for a goal-oriented person – as well as a lot more fun!
So now my process has mutated into the following:
  • I watch 31 in 31 day
  • The first 20 days of the month are for movies I have not seen previously (sometimes this is painful)
  • The last 11 days are for movies I have seen 
  • The last 8 days are for my favorites – you know; the ones my October would not be complete without

No comments:

Post a Comment